This seminar is the ideal training for those professionals that are doing a technical job and may be promoted to Project manager posistion, or to those people who want to know what means to be a Project manager in order to make a decisión in his/her profesional career. This seminar explain the differences between working for yourself and working on teams with other people.
Content and objectives of the seminar:
Audience for this training includes new team leaders, technical people and junior project managers ( 0-6 months of experience managing projects), or whoever that is considering the possibility of managing projects. A secondary audience are technical specialists that because of their profesional evolution, they must make a decisión between continuing being a technical specialist or being a project manager, leading people.
Duration: 1 day (8 hours).
PDUs / Contact hours: 7 hours
An overview of the course content is as follows:
- Passion, persistence and patience
- Planning and discipline
- Self development
- Personal motivation
- Team motivation
- Initiative and innovation
- Management foundation
After attending this training, the participants will be able to:
- Identify, at least, two conflicts areas when an Individual contributor is promoted as project manager
- Identify and discuss, at least three new opportunities of profesional growth through project management
- Being able to identify some available resources and training about Project Management
- Understand what they will find when working as project managers
- Consider if they have the right skills to be a project manager and they want to be